Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Tulips and Temples

On April 23rd, Johnny and I celebrated our two year anniversary.  Time sure flies when you're having fun!

Our anniversary was on a Tuesday this year so we celebrated the weekend before (and, of course, a little bit of celebrating on Tuesday).  On Saturday, we went to the Tulip Festival at Thanksgiving Point.  It's a beautiful garden full of beautiful flowers and I've always wanted to go.





After Johnny got back from work on Tuesday, we drove down to the Bountiful temple- the place where it all began.

 2011

2013

We had a great experience there on our anniversary.  It reminded us of the importance of our marriage covenants we made and the blessings we have already received and have in store for our future.  I'm so grateful that Johnny and I started a forever family in 2011 and I can't wait to add the newest member in three months!

After the temple we had a great dinner at Paradise Bakery and then we drove back home for the night.  We aren't really big into anniversary presents, but we did get some little gifts for each other.  Johnny gave me the book, "What to Expect in the First Year," which I really wanted to help answer some questions about what the heck I'm supposed to do with a baby.  Johnny's a sweetheart.  

I just made him a little picture slideshow full of our memories since we became friends in 2009.  It was so fun to relive the happy times from our history. 


Here's to many more years ahead of us!


1 comment:

  1. loved the slideshow. You guys are so cute and I especially love the last few pictures with your adorable belly. Cannot wait to see you in 1 month!

    ReplyDelete