Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Food and Family to the Max

I've been home for about a week and a half now.  Joseph, Laura, and I left Utah on Friday, the 17th.  Nearly 30 hours later, we arrived in Arkansas.  Needless to say, it was a very long trip, but we're so happy to be here!

We had a wonderful Christmas this year, but we're missing Emily, Chris, and Tanner while they're in Oregon for two and a half weeks.  I'll go to pick them up from the quaint Branson airport on Thursday, and I'm so excited to have them with us for a couple of days before we go back to school.

Basically, my entire break has consisted of family time and baking.  Johnny gave me a cook book for Christmas and I've been testing out several recipes now that I'm home.  Here's a few of the things I've baked thus far:
  • Christmas sugar cookies
  • chocolate chip cookies
  • glazed apple cream pie
  • banana cream pie
  • 6 loaves of Amish friendship bread
I've also been establishing a really solid relationship with Clark.  I know he's only 3 months old, but I feel like he's definitely going to be missing me once I leave, poor kid.
He loves his Aunt Sarah.  He also loves spitting up on his Aunt Sarah.
Papa and Clark
Laura and Clark both love Sunday naps
Me and Grams - She's been cracking us up all break.
Other great things about this break:
  • I think I've worn makeup a total of two times since I've been here
  • There have been multiple times that Grams has laughed so hard that she's started crying uncontrollably
  • I've been averaging about 12 hours of sleep a night - playing catch up from last semester
  • As I'm writing this right now, I'm sitting in a recliner watching Frasier with Joseph and Mom, while Clark has his arms wrapped around mine
 
I love how expressive and responsive Clark is getting.  He is discovering his mouth and all the different things he can do with it.  It's precious.

Life's good.

Also, I spent all day yesterday in the kitchen.  Okay, all day that I was awake, and since I'm getting 12 hour nights that translates into about 2 PM to 7 PM.  Still, it was a very fruitful experience.  I made dinner for my family - zesty roasted chicken and potatoes, homemade rolls, and some asparagus that Mom actually made.  Then we had that banana cream pie for dessert.  Here's pictures, per Johnny's request.




And now I'm hungry again. 


2 comments:

  1. I love the picture of Laura and your nephew. Isn't it so nice being home with the family and the cutest nieces and nephews!?!? ha We should for sure see each other soon!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh I miss you guys so much. I adore the video of Clark! Your dinner looks amazing and the rolls look delish! LOVE YOU Oh and Clark's moth or mouth?

    ReplyDelete