I'm sure the stress will hit me at some point in the very near future, but as of this point in time, I'm feeling so good! I can't believe how fast the semester has flown by, but it always works that way.
These past two weeks have been absolutely crazy. I've had papers, tests, and homework up the wazoo, and it's been killing me. But since I leave next Friday(ish) to go home for two weeks, Johnny and I have been trying to cram in fun things to do before then.
Last Friday night, we drove up to Midway to swim in a crater! Our friend, Kristina, told us about it so we decided to check it out. It was so sweet! First of all, I'd never even seen a crater in real life. B) I'd never been inside of a crater. And 3. I'd never even imagined that I could swim inside of said crater! The water was super clear, we could see the scuba divers way below us. It was amazing, I was actually giddy like the entire time because I just kept thinking to myself, "I'm swimming in a crater!" Sometimes my own thoughts crack me up. So between the fact that I'm easily entertained by my thoughts and the fact that I was doing something new with my boyfriend, it was a very positive experience. Basically, I love doing new things. I feel like college has given me so many opportunities to try new things. Here's a few:
- Road trips to Southern California, two years running, because swimming in the ocean is the best thing to do in February when there's still snow EVERYWHERE in Provo.
- Laser tag - I know, not that big of a deal to most people. But we don't have laser tag in Mountain Home!
- Driving to Vegas on a whim, on the last day of finals. Leaving at 7 PM, getting there by midnight, sightseeing on the strip like little tourists, grabbing some fast food, and hitting the road again by 2 AM to get back to Provo by 7 that morning.
- Spelunking in ice caves in Idaho.
- Wedding dress shopping - multiple times, never for me. But don't even think that stops me from trying a few on.
- Hot-tubbing in the middle of winter.
- Going to my first BYU football, basketball, and baseball games and track meets. Plus my first ever lacrosse and rugby games (my roommates were such athletes!). And I can't forget my first inner-tube water polo game - thank you, Brittnye.
- Running a 5k
- First NBA game (and several more to follow)
- Holi Festival of Colors, which I learned about later in my world religions class
- Stand-up comedy shows
- And, as of last Friday, swimming in a real-life crater.
Can I just say I love life?